12 CRITERIA FOR ENTERING
- Your film must be 119 seconds or less.
- Produce your 1 minute piece at broadcast quality.
- Consider your viewing audience – from mobile phones, to broadband to televisions, to theatre screens.
- You can only enter material that is solely yours.
- You may submit more than one film in accordance with the official 1 Minute Film Festival rules and regulations.
- No unauthorized use of copyrighted material. (This is at your own discretion and we will not be too strict on this)
- Submissions will be made electronically via our website only. All videos must be loaded on vimeo or youtube.
- 1 Minute Film Festival will reserve the right to refuse any entry at its own discretion. Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful or objectionable material.
- Content created to promote any product or service will not be accepted.
- The exhibition and competition will be open to any global citizen.
- All foreign language entries must have English subtitles.
- No erotic or nude content will be accepted.
International Entry fees per festival: 50 Euros/Dollars for 1 entry. 80 Euros/Dollars for 2 entries. 100 Euros/Dollars for 3 entries and 15 Euros/Dollars per entry 4 to 10.
South African Entry fees per festival: R750 for 1 entry. R1300 for 2 entries. R1700 for 3 entries and R200 per entry 4 to 10.
Maximum of 30 entries allowed. You will only be invoiced for movies selected to screen at our festival.
Should you wish to enter multiple festivals in a year, you will receive a discount of 10% for your second festival, 20% for your third festival, 30% for you fourth festival, 40% for your fifth festival and 50% for your sixth to tenth festival.
Terms And Conditions
By entering the 1 Minute Film Competition (‘Competition’), competition entrants (‘Entrants’) agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Failure to abide by these terms and conditions may render an Entrant ineligible for the Competition.
- Entrants must submit their entries via the 1 Minute Film Competition entry system (‘Entry System’). Any entry form or supporting materials received via any other method shall be destroyed and will not be considered a valid submission. All entries must follow the entry guidelines and entrants must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria for their chosen category. Please double-check your files and YouTube links before submitting your entry. If we cannot view your submission, we will be unable to screen your film.
- The Entry System works seamlessly through YouTube and most video files should be accepted. Below are guidelines:Resolution: Common resolutions for standard definition (SD) video include 640 × 480 px (4:3 aspect ratio) and 640 × 360 px (16:9 aspect ratio). High definition (HD) video is usually formatted at 720p (1280 × 720 px) or 1080p (1920 × 1080 px).Audio: The AAC-LC codec, at 320 kbit/s and 48 kHz (maximum), is recommended.
- To be eligible for the Competition, Entrants must complete the online entry form and submit their film as described in points 1 and 2 (above) by the close of entries, 1pm on the 15th Of March 2019. Entrants must also upload or mail us a minimum of three (3) still images from their film by this time. We recommend completing your entry submission earlier, to allow for unforeseen issues that may arise.
- Entries may be in any language or have no dialogue at all. Non-English audio (or important on-screen text) must have English subtitles.
- Each film may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit multiple entries, as long as each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that entrant.
- GTND Media reserves the right to use entrant content (including all or part of any film submitted by an Entrant) in any manner they choose. Submission of an entry constitutes consent by the Entrant for GTND Media to use the content in this way and also to use the Entrant’s name and photo for publicity purposes. Entries become the property of GTND Media. The non-exclusive worldwide rights for all media submitted must be available for five (5) years for use by GTND Media.
- Entrants warrant that their films (and any material contained in their films, including, but not limited to, any clip) do not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. Entrants will fully indemnify GTND Media against any loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party or another party.
- The Competition judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
- GTND Media and its affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on email received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistake.
- All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and age, is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used by GTND Media and its affiliates for the stated purposes.
If you have any questions or need help! Contact Us Below:
Office 206 2nd floor
The Towers Luxury Apartments
Main Road Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa